Every winter brings new operational challenges so make sure you're prepared, and your knowledge up-to-date with our detailed, expertly explained Cold Weather Operations e-learning course. Designed for pilots and aviation professionals by pilots and aviation professionals, this immersive, insightful and interactive Cold Weather Operations course delivers all the nuances of adverse weather and winter operations using the most modern e-learning tools on the market.
This course is not only fully compliant with EASA regulations, it actually brings Cold Weather Operations to your screen. It provides instructors and users the flexibility, reliability and ease-of-use with the value they require. You will be able to finally comprehend all the human factors, operational requirements and considerations about Cold Weather Operations. Cover yourself with a wealth of knowledge before setting off into the cold!
To learn more about the course:
About the course
- Duration: 3 hours
- 40+ Questions
- Certificate of completion
- 10+ Knowledge Checks
- 6 Modules
- Final Examination
- Learn how cold weather affects aircraft systems, aerodynamics, and performance. Understand the implications of ice and snow accumulation on wings and control surfaces, changes in engine performance, and the effects of low temperatures on fuel, hydraulics, and electronics.
- Get to grips with the correct procedures for de-icing and anti-icing of aircraft. This includes understanding the types of de-icing and anti-icing fluids, correct application methods, timing considerations, and the importance of ensuring that the aircraft is free from contamination before flight.
- Comprehend the importance of thorough pre-flight planning and preparation in cold weather conditions. This includes route planning considering potential cold weather hazards, alternate airports, fuel planning considering increased consumption in cold weather, and the importance of proper crew and passenger briefing.
- 100% compliant with EASA regulations
- Comprehensive coverage
- Interactive and immersive learning
- Assessments and progress tracking
- Accessible on all devices, anytime, anywhere
- Easy-to-use LMS with expert onboarding support
The Cold Weather Operations eLearning course is designed to support both current and future pilots with their Initial and Recurrent Training.
This eLearning course complies with ICAO standards, in particular with guidelines set in ICAO Doc 9640.